Who are the best Yogis on the team, or who would fans be surprised to hear is sneaky good at Yoga?
- I got a chance to work with Scott [Thomsen], Greg [Boehme], Ivan [Magalhães], Amass [Amankona], Mutaya [Mwape] and Charles [Boateng] in the offseason in person on a regular basis and all of them made some great improvements in their practices. But I think Scott is one of the best I’ve had a chance to work with so far!
Which style of Yoga is your favorite?
- It often depends on the mood I’m in. Whether I want an upbeat/power type of class for a big physical workout or a slow recovery type of class affects which is my favorite in that moment. But I usually tend to do slower recovery-based practices that focus on flexibility and realignment.
How often do you do Yoga during the week?
- It can fluctuate week to week but I often try to get in at least one to two classes a week. Between 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending on my workload from the team.
Do you switch up your Yoga sessions for in-season versus the offseason?
- I definitely switch up the session depending on in-season versus offseason. In the offseason, I really like to do power-based classes that focus on strength and stamina like Baptiste Power yoga which I did a lot of this past offseason. In season, I do a lot more recovery type classes with much slower flows and I really enjoy Yin yoga classes.
What would be some tips for Kickers fans interested in Yoga that have never tried it before?
- I think YouTube has some really great classes and teachers on it which can be an easy way to see if you enjoy the practice. Exploring your local studios and trying different ones out so you get a chance to practice different styles with different teachers is another option. Also, you can contact me and I’ll be happy to guide you through a class!