WE INVITE YOU TO BECOME PART OF THE KICKERS FAMILY
The Richmond Kickers Recreational (Rec) Soccer Program provides an opportunity for young people in our community to develop healthy life skills and team skills through active participation in the beautiful game of soccer. Our core values are teamwork, fairness and communication, while nurturing a positive environment to strive for excellence. The Kickers offer two, full soccer seasons in the fall and spring, providing a fun and safe environment for children ages 3-19. The focus is participation, team building, sportsmanship and fun while kids learn the game of soccer in a minimally competitive environment.
Children in our U4 (under 4 years old), U5 and U6 age divisions learn ball handling skills and improve coordination with fun games and activities in a relaxed environment. They learn to love the game of soccer and make lasting friendships on and off the field. As the age divisions get older; U8, U10, U12, U14 U16 and U19, practices become more structured with age appropriate drills focusing on field positioning, ball control, game strategy and scrimmages. Led by our dedicated volunteer coaches, players develop into strong, confident individuals that appreciate teamwork, commitment and pride in being a part of the Kickers family.
The Richmond Kickers provide an unbeatable value with programs conveniently located throughout the Richmond area. We have a program that is perfect for your child.
INTERESTED IN COACHING? We are always looking for dedicated adults looking to make a positive impact in a child's life through soccer. New to soccer? We can teach you everything you need to know. Have some (or a lot) of soccer experience? We would love to have you join our team!
**Season Dates: 3/11-5/13. No games 4/15 (Easter weekend). U4 program: 3/11-4/22 (No session 4/15) **Age Divisions: US Youth Soccer and the Virginia Youth Soccer Association are mandating that all rec programs follow calendar year age divisions. Spring 2017 divisions are the same as fall 2016!!
U4: Date of Birth 2013
U8: 2010 & 2009
U10: 2008 & 2007
U12: 2006 & 2005
U14: 2004 & 2003
U16: 2002 & 2001
U19: 2000, 1999, 1998
Players may "play up" to stay with their team, just request the coach and I will move their registration to the older age division.
**Hensley U5 will practice on Saturdays before the game, no weekday practices. U5 and U6 divisions will be merged together at Providence, Bryan Park, Ukrop Park, Magnolia Green and Harper's Mill.
NEW LOCATIONS!! Magnolia Green and Harpers Mill in Midlothian. U4-U10 teams will practice at those fields and play games at Hensley on Saturdays.
With multiple locations throughout the Richmond area we have a field and team close to your home.
• Hensley Park, (Ages U4-U19) 13851 W. Hensley Road, Midlothian VA 23112. U4-U12 practice and play games at Hensley. Some U12 teams may practice at Woodlake Athletic Complex. U14 and older teams may practice and/or play games at Hensley or Woodlake Athletic Complex and play in the Cross Association League** (see below).
• Providence Middle School, (Ages U5-U19) 900 Starlight Lane, Richmond VA 23235. U5-U10 practice and play at Providence, U12+ practice at Providence, play games in the Cross Association League** (see below).
• Bryan Park, (Ages U4-U14) 4540 Hermitage Road Richmond, VA 23227. U4-U10 practice and play at Bryan Park. U12+ practice at Bryan Park, play home games at Providence Middle School and play in the Cross Association League** (see below).
• Ukrop Park, (Ages U4-U12) 5300 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234 - U4-U8 practice and play at Ukrop Park. U10-U12 divsions practice at Ukrop Park, play home games at Providence Middle School and play in the Cross Association League** (see below).
• Magnolia Green (Ages U4-U10) 6745 Begonia Drive Moseley, VA 23120. Teams will practice at Magnolia Green and play all games at Hensley.
• Harper's Mill (Ages U4-U10) Teams will practice at Harper's Mill, all games at Hensley
Cross Association League**
Older age divisions have the opportunity to play teams from other Chesterfield county clubs through the Cross Association League. For more information about the cross association league: www.rvacrossassociation.com