To offer broad-based educational experiences in the field of athletics to interested, qualified candidates seeking hands-on experience in a fast-paced, interactive, professional environment in order to better position him or her self for future career advancement. Richmond Kickers internships are open to all eligible high school, college and graduate students.
Tickets Sales Internship:
Candidates should be highly motivated, passionate and driven individuals that are seeking hands-on experience in a fast-paced, interactive and professional sports environment. This internship program is designed to support the sales department through ticket sales promotions and services, prospecting new clients, managing databases, planning events and building solid working relationships with new and current clientele. Hours will range from 20 to 30 hours per week in addition to some special events that take place after work hours. Reliable transportation is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively generate ticket sales revenue with assigned goals through season tickets, group sales, corporate events and birthday parties
- Create and implement group, corporate and season ticket sales strategies and promotions
- Build a network of leads and foster dynamic working relationships with current and new clientele
- Demonstrate excellent customer service with season ticket holders, groups and sponsors
- Maintain detailed database and email/direct mail follow-up information on programs
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and submit weekly contact report to Director of Ticket Sales
- Produce effective sales materials including flyers, brochures and mass emails
- Meet and exceed all sales goals
- Assist with operations, public relations and special projects as needed
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Current graduate or undergraduate student preferred
- Highly motivated, aggressive, detail-oriented and reliable self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Ability to develop, implement and execute strategic sales plans
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and interacts professionally with fans
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, work well under pressure, demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and willingness to learn and adapt in fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office and other necessary computer skills
- Knowledge of soccer preferred
Fashion Merchandising Intern
Candidates should be an outgoing, self-starter that has strong leadership skills, while thriving in a team environment. Background and interest in Fashion Merchandising and/or retail required. Implement buying strategies, create displays and oversee sales and marketing for the department. Flexible schedule February through October, willingness to work weekends and access to transportation is necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and compile data of retail merchandise from various professional sports clubs
- Assist with item selections, ordering merchandise and maintaining inventory
- Contact and establish a relationship with various vendors
- Maintain comprehensive databases and vendor contact lists
- Assist with the design and implementation of our online store
- Produce weekly sales and inventory reports
- Attain weekly and monthly assigned targets
- Exhibit superior attention to detail and customer service
- Assist with pro game day retail operations and special events
Minimum Position Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate student attending accredited university. Must be able to earn college credit for internship.
- Two to four years of experience in related field
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented and reliable self-starter who works well in a team environment
- Excellent writing, telephone, social media and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, organizational skills, thoroughness, positive attitude and willingness to adapt in fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to resolve issues, take initiative and establish priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of and passion for the game of soccer preferred
Street Team - Marketing & Brand Management
Preferred undergraduate or graduate college students with an interest in sports marketing. Looking for highly driven and reliable applicants and those who exhibit creative thinking to represent the organization. The internship would include a chance to experience the different facets of a professional sports organization, with an emphasis on marketing, promotions, operations, and office administration. Position reports to the General Manager. Availability January to May (spring) and/or May through August (summer) - Access to transportation means is necessary. Hours would be flexible and some weekends required. Please submit resume by February 28.
Social Media Coordinator
Preferred undergraduate or graduate college students with an interest in social media and professional sports. The Social Media Coordinator will assist with the management of the Kickers social media channels including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs and other relevant websites. The Social Media Coordinator must demonstrate a passion for cutting edge social networking platforms and will implement the latest tools and techniques to grow the online brand. Video editing experience preferred. Preferred Availability - February to May (spring) and/or May through August (summer). Access to transportation means is necessary. Hours would be flexible, some weekends required. Please submit resume by February 28.
Public & Community Relations
Preferred college students with an interest in the field of public relations and community involvement. Duties would include but are not limited to assisting the General Manager in the management and operations of community events and appearances, as well as in the daily communications of the club and general office administration. Strong written and communication skills required. Knowledge and passion for soccer required. Preferred Availability - February to May (spring) and/or May through August (summer) - Access to transportation means is necessary. Hours are flexible during the week for in-office hours and some weekends required for events. Please submit resume by February 28.
Public Relations & Marketing (Spanish Language Based)
Preferred bilingual college students with an interest in the field of public relations and marketing. Applicants must be fluent in Spanish and English. Duties include assisting with the overall public relations of the club with an emphasis on cultivating relationships with local Hispanic media and strengthening the club’s brand in the Hispanic community. Create and distribute flyers, posters and promotional materials and serve as a liaison to the Hispanic community. Knowledge and passion for soccer required. Availability - February to May (spring) and/or May through August (summer) - Access to transportation means is necessary. Hours are flexible during the week for in-office hours and some weekends required for events. Please submit resume by February 28.
Operations & Administration
Preferred Graduate or Undergraduate students who have an interest in gaining experience in a professional sports setting. The internship would include a chance to experience the different facets of a professional sports organization, with an emphasis on the daily operations of the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to assistance in team travel administration, team equipment management, stadium operations, and office administration. Preferred Availability - February to May (spring) and/or May through August (summer). Hours would be determined on an individual basis with some flexibility. Access to transportation means is necessary. Please submit resume by February 28.
Graduate or Undergraduate student who has an interest in gaining experience in a professional sports setting. Main focus is assisting the Director of Camps with the camp database, camp administration and management, and promoting the camp program through marketing channels. Preferred Availability - May through August (summer). Hours would be determined on an individual basis with some flexibility, mostly weekdays. Please submit resume by February 28.
Game Day Interns
High School or College students. Duties include assisting Kickers staff with game day operations at Richmond Kickers Pro home games. Learn how to produce, manage, and administer different facets of a live sporting event. Reports to the Director of Operations. Preferred availability April through August. Hours would be primarily evenings and weekends of home games. Please submit resume by February 28.
To Apply for Spring and Summer Internships:
Those interested in applying for Richmond Kickers internships, please identify areas of interest in your cover letter and please send resume and cover letter to:
Attn: Shelley Sowers, General Manager
2001 Maywill Street, Suite 203
Richmond, Virginia 23230
FAX: (804) 591-2680